Now that you're a Senior you finally get your own link to help you navigate through your last year of high school! Please take advantage of these resources and you will find information that will assist you towards full enjoyment of your Senior year and planning for your future beyond high school.
GRADUATION CAP GOWN & INVITATIONS
All Seniors planning on participating in graduation ceremonies must order a Cap & Gown. To submit your order for Cap & Gown as well as invitiations and additional swag to celebrate your momentous achievment, please pick up a package in the Central High School main office or Counseling office. Completed packets can be mailed or dropped of at the Josten's office address below. For additional information, please contact the Josten's representative Scott Beilfuss and or visit: www.jostens.com.
Jostens - Rick Wilding
1000 N. 9th Street #20
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Download The Form By Clicking Here
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Guidelines for Requesting Recommendation Letters
- Two letters from teachers is adequate. Choose one academic instructor.
- One letter from a community person (employer, mentor, etc.) is a good third.
- Always give the person an updated resume to use!!
- Allow a week to 10 days for the person to write the letter, and then check.
- Ask for a copy to use for other applications.
- Check the letter for accuracy, neatness, and proper English before you send it.
- Use the Letter of Recommendation Request Form available in Counseling (or click on link below) to submit to the person, along with your resume.
- Never ask the same person twice for a letter. If you have college forms that teachers need to complete, attach a copy of the letter they have written for you to the form, and submit the check form to the teacher to complete and send in a stamped, addressed envelope.
- Letters of Recommendation should rarely be addressed to a specific school, or person. You should be able to use the letter for all schools, employers, or scholarship and other opportunity applications. Be sure to inform the person recommending you that you intend to use the letter for all of the above in the future, even after your high school graduation.
- Remember to thank the person who wrote you a letter of recommendation! This is a time consuming and very challenging task for the people you ask. They deserve an expression of your appreciation - it makes a difference! Remember, all counselors write recommendations for all college applications - they need a resume and an expression of thanks as well!
LETTER OF RECOMENDATION REQUEST FORM
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AID
Scholarship information is available from a variety of sources and now is the time to start your research! Scholarships are updated as they arrive and includes a compilation of the newest opportunties. Please continue to check back periodically to make sure that you don't miss any of the newest opportunities. We
encourage all seniors and parents to check out our list of scholarship opportunities on Naviance at
https://connection.naviance.com/fc/signin.php?hsid=chsmesa. If you have forgotten your password or need your original access
code, please contact us in th Futures Center at (970) 254-6103. You should also explore national scholarship
databases: we recommend www.fastweb.com and www.scholarships.com. If you need further assistance or have any questions please contact your counselor.
CLICK HERE FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AID
As well, check with your
individual colleges for their list of institutional scholarships.
Parents and students should be aware that there are companies that will offer to supply scholarship
information, or even guarantee that you will win an award, if you pay them a fee. These scams may look
and sound legitimate, but you should never pay money for a list of scholarships, and no service can
guarantee you scholarships. Watch for warning signs like: a fee, a “money-back guarantee,” or a request
for your credit card or bank account.
For those families who are concerned about paying for college, visit
By using the FAFSA4caster, you can receive an early estimate of eligibility for federal
student aid. This website provides you with an opportunity to increase your knowledge
of the financial aid process; become familiar with the various types of federal student aid that are available; and investigate other sources of aid, such as grants and
For families whose senior is applying to private colleges who request the CSS Profile in addition to the
FAFSA, we recommend that parents speak directly with the colleges’ financial aid office, as the CSS Profile
asks for more financial information than the FAFSA.
If you would like some more quick references for Financial Aid and Loan information please click here.
Graduation DVD available
CHS is happy to announce that our graduation will be shown live on streaming video so that friends and family who cannot be present can still share in the celebration. The link that will be used to stream graduations will be http://streaming.sequent-is.com/.
This site will go live 15 minutes prior to each graduation (currently it is not active).
The District will sell DVD’s of graduation to help recover some of the expenses of streaming. Individuals can send a $15 check payable to “District 51”. Send the check and return address to:
CHS – graduation DVD
2115 Grand Ave.
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Please make sure to include a return address for the DVD.
We hope you share this great event with as many people as you can. These students have earned their chance to shine!