The Purpose of AVID:
The purpose of the AVID program is to restructure the teaching methods of an entire school and to open access to the curricula that will ensure four-year college eligibility to almost all students
The mission of AVID is to ensure that all students, and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- will succeed in a rigorous curriculum,
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path,
- will enter mainstream activities of the school,
- will increase enrollment in four year colleges, and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID's systematic approach is designed to support students and educators as they increase schoolwide / districtwide learning and performance.
11th and 12th Grades